Monday, November 21, 2011

11-21-11

Madre,

Well this week has been pretty grand! Ashly came to church again and she brought her sister, Julianna (14), with her. She is progressing well but you can tell that Satan has it out for her. It's really hard for her because he's turning her own family against her, but we have seen that happen before. I talked to their whole family about Utah last week and now they all want to visit Utah because it sounds so cool haha.

Alicia Campos and her son Roger came to church this week too, Alicia is doing really well, I'm pretty sure that I haven't told you much about her. Alicia is from the Philippines and she married a Mexican guy here in CT. She speaks spanish pretty well and english also, but we teach her in spanish. Her son Roger is 8 years old. Her husband isn't super excited about the church, but he was able to listen in as we taught Roger the plan of salvation last week and his primary teacher told us that he was going on and on about it during class, so that was pretty cool. Alicia cooks food with her husband on the weekends at this place by the Yale hockey rink where tons of different people from all over set up little carts and sell food from their countries. It's usually 5-6 dollars and it's CHEAP! It's SO good. We go there every friday after district meeting and Alicia hooks me up haha. She's awesome.

This week we're headed to the temple and so we're preparing for that. I'm pretty excited to go and I look forward to making sure that I'm ready to serve diligently and worthily in the temple. (Hopefully I don't drive myself crazy like always). I guess we're going for a Christmas thing ( a little early, eh?) so I'm pretty excited.

These last few weeks have been a good time for reflection on my mission and also a time to do better than I have done in some areas and strive to do as I am and have done in others. It's strange to think that in only a few weeks I'll just be a normal Joe again. I'm excited to put into practice the skills that I have learned out here into my daily life and to share the gospel at home, school, work, etc. but it will be interesting to not have that mantle of a missionary. I'm nervous to see the difference that it will bring into my life but I guess it has to come at some point -- just didn't think it'd come so fast.

I'm not sure what else to tell ya this week! We'll talk in 7 days from now.

I'm going to put together my resume to send to apple, apparently if I get a job there, verizon gives an employee discount ($25 per/mo. Unlimited everything). So lets pray for that! haha.

Love you,
Elder Conner Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment