Monday, November 28, 2011

11-28-11



Hey Madre!
So the whole "coming home" business hasn't really set in, and I don't think it ever will to be honest haha. It's interesting because I feel like I can talk about this or that all I want but I feel like coming home will never really happen, I'll just sit around in the apartment on transfer call night, not get a call, and I'll just stay here for at least another 6 weeks -- it's difficult to imagine anything else. At the same time, these whole two years are just blended into one big mess, 2010 and 2011 didn't really happen in my life haha.

Thanksgiving was great! We went to the Chandri's home (a puerto rican family from the singles branch) so the four of us had a nice turkey dinner! The food was amazing and we had a really great time, I really appreciate the Chandri family for having us over. Something bad happened, they have converted me -- I want a Greyhound really bad. Sarah Chandri, their daughter of 23 is a foster mom for Greyhounds because after 2 years the racers retire them and kill them, so she takes them in, fixes the behavioral problems (if any) fattens them up a little and finds homes for them. Their new one is named Oscar, a purebread greyhound and he is absolutely RIPPED! They are such cool looking dogs. The only issues he has is that he's really timid around people but he's such a good dog, he just sits next to you and relaxes and is really calm, it was neat.

After the turkey we went to Alicia's house and taught her and Roger about tithing, law of chastity, fasting, and the 10 commandments. Roger is hilarious, Elder Urrutia taught me the sign language for all of them so I do that with the kids (and everyone else, who am I kidding?) and we got to adultery and I asked "So Roger, do you know what adultery is?" And he said "Yeah of course, it means don't be rude to adults" hahaha. It was awesome. I didn't really know how to explain it softly so Alicia popped in and said "When you're married, you don't marry anyone else." So that was really easy! Alicia is great, we're really excited for her. She's one of those people that was just destined to get baptized (I guess that's everyone that gets baptized, but you know what I mean).

Friday we went to the temple and it was a great experience. I learned a lot this time around, things I'm excited to get home and talk to you about. We just did one session and then had lunch in the cafeteria <-spanish? I'd write more, but I can't! haha.

Ashly is doing well, except that she had to sleep in the park the other day with her daughter because her mom kicked her out for getting in a fight with her brother. What a mess... Ashly also got some new kittens! Of which I have sent you pictures. I look really fat in the picture, It's gross. Edit that before that goes online hahaha. We set Ashly's date back to the 10th to give her a little more time, what a great way to finish my last weekend though.

Will I stand up and damn everyone, make everyone feel uncomfortable? definitely not. But the only way people will find salvation in the Lord is through the Book of Mormon and this church. If everyone that has paid for my mission wants me to pay them back, I will happily do so; but I plan on bearing my testimony that this church is true, Joseph Smith is a prophet, and the Book of Mormon is the work of God. In reality, he that hath an ear let him hear.

I'll be finishing the Book of Mormon in Spanish today, I have 3 more pages!
I love you!
-Elder Conner Allred

1 comment: